System1 founded in 2013, based in Venice, California. Offers their customers a proprietary end-to-end responsive acquisition marketing platform (RAMP). This tool allows System1 and their clients to drive intent-driven customers to their products. System1 describes themselves as an omnichannel customer acquisitions platform.
System1’s RAMP platform has scaled the business to a projected $120M of billings-based Adjusted EBITDA this year. In late June of 2021, the company announced via Bloomberg their plans to go public through a merger with Trebia Acquisitions Corp. (backed by Bill Foley). The deal will provide System1 with about $175 million to fund new growth and acquisitions, further diversifying its business model.
The transaction, expected to close in Q4 2021, has valued System1 at $1.4 billion. Correspondingly the company will be combining efforts with Protected.net to enable System1 to expand its privacy focused products.
System1 Deal Overview:
- Value of the company is $1.4 billion at the $10.00 per share price
- Transaction expected to close Q4 2021, shares of common stock on the NYSE under “SST”
- Michael Blend, Co-Founder & CEO of System1, and Tridivesh Kidambi, its CFO, will continue in their current roles along with the rest of the System1 executive team.
- Up to $600 million of fully committed financing (debt commitment of up to $400 million + $200 million equity backstop from Cannae Holdings, Inc.) will be utilized as a backstop for potential future Trebia redemptions. This backstop will cover 100% of any potential future redemptions by Trebia public stockholders.
- $175 million in cash to System1’s balance sheet.
System1 is hiring!
System1 is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Python) for their Serving and Services team – a core component of System1’s Tech Platform. System1’s platform supports the lion’s share of the world’s buy-side networks and pairs it with unique monetization strategies and partnerships. System1’s team focuses efforts on the integration, scalability, and modularity of thier systems. Utilizing these systems to solve problems for a diverse set of brands that are a part of the System1 umbrella. Examples of services that System1 architects, builds and maintains include configuration & session management, ad serving, real-time bidding, revenue attribution, conversion tracking, analytics, and optimization.