Engineering Manager (Mobile) – Medal.tv
Medal.tv has partnered with Fabric Staffing to recruit a Engineering Manager (Mobile)
Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every week, and connect with one another around their shared gaming experiences.
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectations that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (9:00 am and 12:00 pm PST). The exact times and days vary per team.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for our native mobile team. As our engineering manager, you will work directly with the CTO and product team. You will manage a remote team that iterates quickly and works closely with Design and Product to build new features. You will be helping us scale the platform to 100+ million users as we build high-quality features that our creators love.
As a team, we favor progress, learning, and speed, over perfection.
- Strive to build, grow and maintain an ambitious, happy, and productive team
- Iterate on processes to improve efficiency
- Hold regular 1:1’s with members of your team
- Perform code reviews and facilitate the exchange of technical knowledge within the team
- Contribute to the development of features and bug fixes development and deployment
- You are result-driven with experience using metrics to measure the success of the work produced by the team
- 2+ years of management and leadership experience
- Strong knowledge of native mobile technologies such as Swift and Kotlin
- Autonomous and ability to execute engineering goals with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write software specifications
- Experience with Git, GitHub, and release management
- Swift for iOS, Kotlin for Android
- Electron, React, Redux, & other modern web-based technologies, proficiency with HTML/CSS
- C# and C++ for native windows recording & more
- Java, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kubernetes for backend
- Terraform, Salt, GitHub Actions, CircleCI for IaC and CI/CD
- A passion for games and the gaming communities
- Experience with various parts of our stack
- A regular user of other popular apps for gamers, such as Discord
- Experience working on gaming related projects
- Experience working on products with many users that ships features regularly
WHEN YOU APPLY, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE
- Links to apps you’ve released/portfolio, and a description of your contributions
- Links to any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
As a heads up, our typical process is:
• Phone screening • Up to four interviews with different team members • Reference checks
• Fully remote work environment
• Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
• Home office budget
• Team gatherings once we can travel again
• Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
• Full Medical for employee and two dependents (US employees only)
• Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents (US employees only)
• 401K (US employees only)
• All the fun and frolics that come with working for a gaming company
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!
If you are interested or would like more information on Medal.tv’s Engineering Manager role please apply using the “apply for job” button.
For more jobs click here
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com